Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers, On their Event, and 'What is Next?'


The clock strikes one. It is one hour pass, midnight. One hour pass an old week, and one hour passes by and now it comes, it comes a new week.

One hour passes too, since Father's Day.

What do you remember off, on and off, of this day?

Nevertheless, I hoped you had a good one, there.

Time for rekindled flames. A time to bond, a time to celebrate, a time to remind ourselves how to honor the greatest person in our life. He is the greatest, because he bought us in, into our lives.

-------

Happy Father's Day, for those who is already one.

I mean well, to all of you.

'Our fathers are products of our grandfathers, and we, in turn, are the products of our fathers.'

How very true.

And if we didn't bound to forgive them because of this, how do we expect our sons and daughters to forgive us one day?

If we fail as sons and daughters, to even not to forgive, then how do we expect to perform in other parts of our lives?

-------

Many kids, today, suffered because of the old wounds their parents, hold on to.

How do we relate to that?

Are we going to start now or are we going to start later?

We, for those who isn't parents yet, going to prevent the infection to spread, by solving the problems of today. Or, we wait until we see that after only a problem arises, we act upon it?

-------

Now, let me tell you a story:

There is once a man, who isn't afraid of nothing. A real / 'macho' man, you would say. He goes to gym, every single day, an active in sports, some girls love him for who he is, this way.

Yes, he is afraid of nothing, except for one.

The fear of little kids.

How they wail, how they would cry, how energetic they can be. How many questions they would ask. They run, he runs too. Especially if they are running to him.

He can never keep up to them.

This fear changes one day. Finally he overcame it. He is relieved. 'I am now a real man!' he says.

But how he overcome it, you ask.

It happens as the day, where he finally got married and have a kid of his own, a year later. He is in the hospital, waiting, and finally saw his firstborn for the first time.

Tears is dropped. And, smiles is exchanged.

He paused. And, he declared:

That he is going to be the best father he can be, ever.

He is going to learn the ropes.

No matter what, no matter how.

-------

I may not be a father today; but i do know this:

This is how all fathers would feel.

Deep down, somehow. Their lives, is forever changed.

Their hearts may be swollen before, but never again, not since that day.

Why?

It melted.

For the love of that child.

--------

My heart did too, today.

It happen, because,

I saw a video today, a video entitled 'What is that?'

It begin of a scene of a father and son. On a bench, right outside of the house. One is idle. The other is reading. A magazine, of some sort.

Then came, a sparrow.

The father asked the son: 'What is that?'. The son would replied, 'A sparrow.'

This scene repeats, for another two more times. That blew his son temper.

On the third time: he started yelling at his dad. 'I TOLD YOU, DAD. ITS A S-P-A-R-R-O-W. Are you dumb? How many times do you want me to say?'

His father was hurt, and decided he should just walk away. My son doesn't want him around, he told himself.

But after a while, the father came back with a book and put it right there, laying rested on the hands of his own son.

And says: 'Read it. Aloud.'

So it begun. The son begins to read.

'My family and I was in a park today. Where my son would be playing around and finally stopped by me and asked.

My son would asked: 'What is that?'

And, being a good father, I replied 'A sparrow'. This went on for 21 times. And each given time, I would give him a hug, telling him that I am concerned for him, and that I love him.'

He dropped the book. Deeply shaken, and he finally realized how much pain he had caused to his dad. How ungratefulness he is. What mannerism is that?

He knows what he must do.

He hugs his dad. Like how it was before.

With all he can.

--------

Today,

I heard great powerful testimonies, life stories and a sermon on all on a basis on fatherhood.

With that, I looked and saw my dad with a new found love and respect.

And how I want to remind him of my love to him.

I hugged him, an hour or so later, deeper than usual, and wishing him 'Happy Father's Day.'

With gentleness. With love.

I love my dad for who he is.

-------

I needed Father Day to remind me how I took my relationship with my dad, for granted.

We forgets. Sometimes, we need a cause, an event, a turn in our lives.

What is in of a relationship?

How we make sure the bridge is still right there? Or even built, at the first place?

Did we hug them? More so, kiss them? Did we tell them how much they meant to us? How about 'I love you.'? Did we show appreciation on even the most simple things they do for us?

The above are only just a few. But deep down in us, we know there are many more ways.

Just like on how what this world is made out of.

We look onto the horizon, and we saw an ending.

And, the best part of them all, is there is many ways in getting there.

The Question is: Are we doing it?

--------

Questions asked, I hope it did help you to find some answers.

--------

As you probably had realised, or soon to realised, I did a little tweak unto my blog layout.

I am liking my new template and coloring.

I am still working my way around, on my title. 'Old Mind, Young Heart, being the latest. Now with a ' at the beginning. I tried 'Young Heart, Old Mind', 'An Old Mind, A Young Heart.' for the last twenty or so minutes. Nothing seems to fit in.

I chose these few words because of the how ironic it is, but yet also, on how true is it. It reflect my nature. But mind-cracking as it is, I need an answer. Any ideas, from word enthusiasts out there?

Actually, that is all I want to say. Just all about designs, style, and writing.

But hey, father day was yesterday and I knew I had a lot to share. And boy, did I shared them all.

Well, for your update, I finally found and had a wonderful theme to write about and finally found a forte on why anyone would want to read my blog.

Still, I believe, blog writing is a learnt skill. And especially in the area of trying to get more people to read it.

I am new. But, I am learning. I had my introduction ready. But what is next? And, that my friends, held me tight in both areas of excitement and nervousness. That is just feeling. In the thinking part, let's not go into there. Definitely, a lot to think about.

Share with me, or email me at sim_ks@hotmail.com if you know a thing or two in areas such as 'How to market a blog.' or 'Effective ways in good writing'. Well, basically ways to improve myself as a blog writer.

With many thanks, and have a good week.

Until then,
'Old Mind, Young Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment