Friday, June 29, 2012

Is Life Enough? What is our eyes set on?



“Be yourself. Be true to that, to your heart. Patience. See what happens if you step back instead of bounding forward.” 



.......


A prison cell.
A yard of pain running deep in my veins,
Deeply troubled, nothing seems to be good anymore.
That best party you used to always loved, 
turned sour. 
Nothing in life, seems exciting anymore.
Everyday I will ask,
'Who am I?'

........

I once set my eyes on my once-beautiful self. 
I was pure, innocent, happy, contented. Just like how a child should be.
Nothing was damaged. 
Life was of sunshine and rainbows. 
Isn't that amazing? I want to be right there again. 
My reach is to reach who I was.
 Just there. 
That is enough. (Or not?)

........

I reached it! 
Yes, here I am. 
Yesterday, I organized and celebrated a wild party, to REJOICE!
Two days ago, I wrote in my diary, to REJOICE!
And a week ago,  I went for a 5 days holiday to Hawaii to REJOICE!
I loved what I had in my arms. 
I have it all. 
A bucket of sunshine. A sky of rainbows. 
Beautiful.

........

That night, I dreamt of a shooting star. 
The one and only one that my sister had. 
She gave it to me.
On my 6th birthday.
It was my most memorable birthday gift I ever had.
But I lost it.
'I want to get it back, somehow.' I told myself.

.......

One night, I drive across my favourite drive way in town. 
I turned,
and I looked up upon the sky, 
I saw MY shooting star.
 Without a second to waste, I am on a wild goose hunt again! 


.......


(Or Not?)

Is life going to be enough? Is had it been enough? Are we too contented to ourselves?

When is it going to be enough? Should we ask ourselves that?

Who are we going to listen to? Where are we going to get our answers? How are we going to do it? Why are we doing it? When are we going to start doing it?

Most importantly, where are we setting our eyes on?

Our goal. Our target. Our dream.

I had my eyes on being myself. And I am moving on.

-------

The tale above about is just an example of being ourselves, and is my version of my life story. 

How about yours? If its not being ourselves, what other values or principles are you going to apply on?

Let's all think about that.

May you set your eyes on a course, and be free.

Good luck,
'Old Mind, Young Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment